BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Erweiterte Suche
Kontakt
BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Benutzerliste

Willkommen bei BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen.
Seite 4 von 11 ErsteErste 12345678 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 31 bis 40 von 103

Das Tal der Trauer....

Erstellt von rockafellA, 26.04.2009, 19:21 Uhr · 102 Antworten · 4.757 Aufrufe

Jehona_e_Rahovecit
    Meje-Massaker:

AM Archive - Friday, 18 June , 1999 00:00:00
    Reporter:

AM's Linda Mottram has been following up the story of one of those massacres, told again and again by refugees who fled across the borders: the massacre at Meja. Despite attempts to remove evidence from the site west of the city of Jakovitza(?), unburied bodies remain in the field where the Serb forces slaughtered them. Linda Mottram who has seen the evidence has filed this report which some listeners may find disturbing.

LINDA MOTTRAM: This is a field to the side of the village of Meja. It's a field where the men who were taken from the refugee column were taken by Serb soldiers and massacred. There's remains here. There's plenty of evidence here. There are burnt passports. There are burnt ID cards. There are pieces of men's hats. There's in front of me a leg, the leg of a male, probably an older male judging from the trousers it's on and the shoe and sock. It's just laying there dismembered from its body, a hat next to it. And just a few feet away in a little grove of trees down in a ditch where the smell is absolutely atrocious, there are two bodies clearly visible. Again, the bodies of men, suits, the kind of suits that old Albanian men wear. You can see legs. You can see their torsos, just pushed into the ditch.

Fifty-seven-year-old Vernoon Shamali (phonetic) came down from the mountains today. The Serbs gone, he came to Meja to see the place where he lost his sons. He was among hundreds of refugees ordered out of the area by Serb forces on April 27, many of whom arrived in Albania a few days later issuing the first alerts to the world about what had happened at Meja. Vernoon says what the refugees said then that the Serbs systematically separated up to 300 men from the refugee column including Vernoon's two teenage sons and herded them into the field. An unknown number were slaughtered there. It's unclear how many bodies remain at the site. Fear of land mines and booby traps have kept journalists and human rights workers to one small area where the two bodies and some body parts are visible.

Locals say gipsies removed some corpses while others were buried. It is clear though that the Meja massacre was not a refugee fabrication as some Serbs alleged. On the third floor of this once swank, now razed three storey building in the town of Korrinitje, a few kilometres from Meja, we saw the putrid, fly-blown remains of five charred bodies in one room; five male members of the Varicha (phonetic) family aged from 18 to 67 years old. A local, named Tom, identified each of them by name and said they had been shot in the back, then torched along with the house around April 17. He said a Serb police officer from Jakovitza named Veijo (phonetic) did the shooting.

With us a young journalist from Jakovitza, Valentina Derai (phonetic). She knew the dead well.

VALENTINA DERAI: I heard what happened but I didn't believe. I thought maybe it's lies. I didn't believe but now I saw the corpse and I know that my best friend died, and I will never see him again.

LINDA MOTTRAM: In almost every house in Korrinitje, there are human remains. The Serbs appear to have targeted the village, not because there was KLA-there wasn't-but because its inhabitants were well educated members of the Kosovo/Albanian elite. There was also a mass grave in the town, one more to add to the more than 90 massacre sites recorded since NATO forces entered the province last weekend.

Zitat Zitat von Gentleman Beitrag anzeigen
    Es gibt keinen Frieden und kein Vergeben solange Serben im Kosovo leben.
    ah das ist also die vorstellung von kosovarischer demokratie?

Zitat Zitat von TBA Beitrag anzeigen
    Eine nicht gelogene sagst du wa ?

Oh man nur wegen dieser Tatsache hat es keinen Sinn mit dir darüber zu diskutieren, manchmal kommts mir vor dass du mit allen mitteln versuchst diese Massaker an Albaner als falsch und Propaganda darstehen zu lassen und hast kein Respekt an die verstorbenen !
    Ich zweifle die Zahl der massakrierten an und nicht rausreden sondern her mit der Quelle! Das Netz ist ja voll mit Antiserbenartikeln aso dürfte dies ja nicht schwer fallen

Zitat Zitat von Zmaj Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich bin kein Kosovare.

Jehona_e_Rahovecit
    1999: Massacre at Meja
    Copyright by Adam Jones
    Reburial

On the night of 27-28 April 1999 Judah stood on the Albanian side of the border with Kosovo at a place called Morina. Refugees, or rather people who had just been ethnically cleansed at gunpoint were flooding through. They were a group of about 2,000 from villages near Djakovica, Gjakova in Albanian. Judah talked to some of the people on the first tractor-trailers.

They said that they had started their journey with 37 packed on the trailer but that at a hamlet called Meja, the police took ten men off. A 15-year-old boy was then ordered to drive. They told me that, apart from small boys, he was the only male left on their trailer. This was not quite true.

A middle aged man said: "I have a bad leg. One policeman said 'Get out' and the other said 'Stay in.'" They left a blind man too. Then I saw an old man sitting in the corner, still cutting a fine figure in his traditional felt cap and with a curly grey moustache. "What about him?" I asked. "We forgot the old man," laughed Sevdie Rexha, the young woman I was talking to.

The people on the next couple of tractors said the same thing. Many of their men had been taken off at Meja and they had seen them sitting in a field under police guard.

A little later more tractors began to rumble across the border:

A dog sniffed at the first one across. "Did you see the men in the field at Meja?" I asked. The tractor was still moving. These people were in shock, their eyes red from crying. "They killed them, they killed them," shouted a woman as she passed. I ran to catch up. "In a field…in a field…more than a hundred…they took two from us…They're dead! They're dead!"

A hundred metres away Sevdie Rexha, the old man, the blind man, the lame man and the rest of them sat on their trailer. A drunken Albanian soldier was abusing them. "Stop crying, stop moaning…why did you leave your kids behind?" They still did not know what the others now arriving knew. I wondered whether I should say something. I thought not. They would find out soon enough.

Meja turned out to be one of the worst massacres of the war with a final tally of some 300 dead. In 2006 there was a curious coda to this story. A man called Gezim Rexha contacted Judah. "I am the blind man you mentioned in your book," he said. Today, despite being completely blind, he works as a broadcast monitor for the OSCE in Priština.

quelle:Picture stories - ESI

Bloody
    für sowas gibts feiertage und monumente. threads führen zu inkompetenten auseinandersetzungen und nicht zu gedenken.

wenn ich getötet würde, würde ich nicht wollen das man meinen tot missbraucht um irgendwelche psychischen minderwertigkeitskomplexe ausbaut.

wollt ihr den toten gedenken, dann schließt frieden. nur so war ihr tot nicht umsonst.

I'm gonna watching ya !

Zitat Zitat von Gentleman Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich bin kein Kosovare.
    das tut nichts zur sache und macht deine vorstellung kosovarischer demokratie nicht besser.

Zitat Zitat von Kristalli_i_Rahovecit Beitrag anzeigen
    Meje-Massaker:

AM Archive - Friday, 18 June , 1999 00:00:00
    Reporter:

AM's Linda Mottram has been following up the story of one of those massacres, told again and again by refugees who fled across the borders: the massacre at Meja. Despite attempts to remove evidence from the site west of the city of Jakovitza(?), unburied bodies remain in the field where the Serb forces slaughtered them. Linda Mottram who has seen the evidence has filed this report which some listeners may find disturbing.

LINDA MOTTRAM: This is a field to the side of the village of Meja. It's a field where the men who were taken from the refugee column were taken by Serb soldiers and massacred. There's remains here. There's plenty of evidence here. There are burnt passports. There are burnt ID cards. There are pieces of men's hats. There's in front of me a leg, the leg of a male, probably an older male judging from the trousers it's on and the shoe and sock. It's just laying there dismembered from its body, a hat next to it. And just a few feet away in a little grove of trees down in a ditch where the smell is absolutely atrocious, there are two bodies clearly visible. Again, the bodies of men, suits, the kind of suits that old Albanian men wear. You can see legs. You can see their torsos, just pushed into the ditch.

Fifty-seven-year-old Vernoon Shamali (phonetic) came down from the mountains today. The Serbs gone, he came to Meja to see the place where he lost his sons. He was among hundreds of refugees ordered out of the area by Serb forces on April 27, many of whom arrived in Albania a few days later issuing the first alerts to the world about what had happened at Meja. Vernoon says what the refugees said then that the Serbs systematically separated up to 300 men from the refugee column including Vernoon's two teenage sons and herded them into the field. An unknown number were slaughtered there. It's unclear how many bodies remain at the site. Fear of land mines and booby traps have kept journalists and human rights workers to one small area where the two bodies and some body parts are visible.

Locals say gipsies removed some corpses while others were buried. It is clear though that the Meja massacre was not a refugee fabrication as some Serbs alleged. On the third floor of this once swank, now razed three storey building in the town of Korrinitje, a few kilometres from Meja, we saw the putrid, fly-blown remains of five charred bodies in one room; five male members of the Varicha (phonetic) family aged from 18 to 67 years old. A local, named Tom, identified each of them by name and said they had been shot in the back, then torched along with the house around April 17. He said a Serb police officer from Jakovitza named Veijo (phonetic) did the shooting.

With us a young journalist from Jakovitza, Valentina Derai (phonetic). She knew the dead well.

VALENTINA DERAI: I heard what happened but I didn't believe. I thought maybe it's lies. I didn't believe but now I saw the corpse and I know that my best friend died, and I will never see him again.

LINDA MOTTRAM: In almost every house in Korrinitje, there are human remains. The Serbs appear to have targeted the village, not because there was KLA-there wasn't-but because its inhabitants were well educated members of the Kosovo/Albanian elite. There was also a mass grave in the town, one more to add to the more than 90 massacre sites recorded since NATO forces entered the province last weekend.
    Quelle bitte Osze usw die waren ja vor Ort!

nein serbische vorstellung von demokratie.

solange sie nicht herrschen können gibts kein frieden,war so ist so und wird auch immer so sein.

Jehona_e_Rahovecit
    Zitat Zitat von Vatrena Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich zweifle die Zahl der massakrierten an und nicht rausreden sondern her mit der Quelle! Das Netz ist ja voll mit Antiserbenartikeln aso dürfte dies ja nicht schwer fallen
    wenn du dich wirklich für dieses massaker interessierst,dann solltest du am besten selbst nach Meje/Republik Kosovo gehen um dich dort selbst zu überzeugen.

Seite 4 von 11 ErsteErste 12345678 ... LetzteLetzte