BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Erweiterte Suche
Kontakt
BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Benutzerliste

Willkommen bei BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen.
Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 57

Malta Sport Thread

Erstellt von BenKafka, 21.11.2011, 15:29 Uhr · 56 Antworten · 12.475 Aufrufe

Malta Sport Thread

Everything concerning Sport in Malta and
    only in English please

Posavac
    Da haste dein Englisch

hat man auf Malta genug Platz um Sport zu treiben? :

Sonny Black
    Such a thread are in existence.

Zitat Zitat von Sonny Black Beitrag anzeigen
    Such a thread are in existence.
    Thank you but there is so much information.
    Da reicht ein Thread nicht.

MFA favour foreign option

The Malta FA are prepared to take their time before appointing a new national coach but the job will almost certainly be offered to a foreigner.
    The post has been vacant since the MFA parted company with John Buttigieg late last month, just over two years into his five-year contract.
    In announcing that the Executive Committee favour the recruitment of a foreign coach to succeed Buttigieg, Norman Darmanin Demajo, the Malta FA president, also dropped a very strong hint that Dusan Fitzel could be one of the leading candidates.
    “We discussed the national coach issue at the Executive Committee meeting yesterday (Tuesday),” Darmanin Demajo said during yesterday’s council meeting.
    “It was the first time we talked about this matter, in a general manner, since the termination of the contracts of John Buttigieg and Carmel Busuttil. Once again, we had an open, frank discussion as this is the way to go about such important matters.
    “There is no chance that, out of the blue, I will come here and announce the appointment of a new coach. There’s going to be transparency all the way.
    “The next match for the national team (a friendly against Liech-tenstein) is towards the end of February and I don’t think we should rush into appointing a coach before then.
    “At the Exco meeting, we did discuss whether we should opt for a Maltese or foreign coach. There is a general consensus that, for the right deal, we should appoint a foreigner.
    “We have received over 25 applications from foreign coaches but I’ve passed all the material to the people in charge of the technical centre.”
    Fitzel, who led Malta to a spate of positive results in the Euro 2008 qualifiers, has been strongly linked with a return and Darmanin Demajo confirmed that the Czech has been spoken of very highly during the last Exco meeting.
    “It’s no secret that Dusan Fitzel has been mentioned,” he said.
    “He did well during his time as Malta coach (between 2006 and 2009) and there were very positive comments about his management and leadership.
    “Fitzel is familiar with our football and the Maltese players but he currently has another job elsewhere (Fitzel is the technical director of the Czech FA).
    “We are prepared to wait until March, April and possibly May before appointing a new coach. For the Liechtenstein friendly, we shall have a Maltese caretaker coach.”
    It is believed that apart from Fitzel, the other outstanding candidate for the job is an Italian coach.
    Darmanin Demajo reaffirmed the Malta FA’s commitment towards boosting youth development as that is the best way forward to raise the level of our game.
    “When we say that our priority is to develop the grassroots, we mean it,” he said.
    “At present, we are focusing on this small project... we are devising a programme for a group of boys, born in 1998, who are deemed to have potential.

Nice one, mate!

I'm afraid there's not much I can contribute to this particular topic but I'm still glad you went ahead and started a proper English-language thread here.

According to Marcello Lippi's Wikipedia page - "on the 23rd November 2011, local Maltese sources claimed that the Maltese Football Association has announced Marcello Lippi as the new coach for the Maltese national team. Lippi is accordingly expected to sign a three year contract with the Association worth around €3,000,000. A devout fan of the sun and the sea, Malta would appear to be Lippi's obvious choice despite alleged claims linking him to the Russian richest football Club - FC Anzhi Makhachkala"

Marcello Lippi is allegedly our new coach, that`s something which

cheers me up and nurteres my hope of a Malta Football rinascimento

Just out of curiosity, what was the biggest success the national team of Malta has ever achieved?

As for Lippi: Good for him. If I had to choose between islands in the Mediterranean and a club in Dagestan where you're likely to get killed by a bunch of religious maniacs or trigger-happy coppers, I which way I'd be going...

You are absolutly right, it`s a good choice.

Well, there are so many big wins, I don`t know which to select,
    we already recorded 38 wins in 311 games

But since I am alive I remember these two prestigous victories against proper opponents:

O.K against Turkey it was a draw, but according to the strength
    of the opponent and the history it`s like a win.

This summer we have beaten
    Central African Republic 2:1 and two years ago we won against Georgia

Apart from that we gained a decent number of draws and
    our biggest win was back in 2008 7:1 against Lichtenstein but as you know they are not that strong.

Seite 1 von 6 12345 ... LetzteLetzte