BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Erweiterte Suche
BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen

Willkommen bei BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen.
Seite 3 von 29 ErsteErste 123456713 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 21 bis 30 von 282

Juden in Bosnien-Herzegowina (יהדות בוסניה והרצגובינה)

Erstellt von Kingovic, 07.09.2011, 17:14 Uhr · 281 Antworten · 47.777 Aufrufe

  1. #21
    Avatar von Enyo

    Registriert seit
    Zitat Zitat von Kingovic Beitrag anzeigen
    Wäre unmöglich, weil

    a) wäre das beste was passieren kann
    b) du kannst den nichts an den Kopf werfen ("klar das du zuerst auf deine Leute achtest blablabla..."
    c) die Leute wählen nur Ihre Leute (Müselman = SDA, CCCC = SNSD, Ultrahrvat = HDZ-BIH)

    Na, bin zuversichtlich. In paar Generationen sieht die Scheiße hier schon anders aus.

  2. #22
    Zitat Zitat von Hengst Beitrag anzeigen
    juden werden doch täglich von mudzo banden in sarajevo der alqaida stadt terrorisiert
    Dir ist etwas nicht klar. Sarajevo ist nicht Theran (auch wenn es in Sarajevo mehr Moscheen geben soll ).

    Diese "Mudzos" leben nicht in der Stadt (klar gibt es welche) aber die Mehrheit lebt alleine unter sich irgendwo am Rand Sarajovo's...

    Die Juden unten fallen gar nicht auf...

  3. #23

    Registriert seit
    Zitat Zitat von Kingovic Beitrag anzeigen
    Dir ist etwas nicht klar. Sarajevo ist nicht Theran (auch wenn es in Sarajevo mehr Moscheen geben soll ).

    Diese "Mudzos" leben nicht in der Stadt (klar gibt es welche) aber die Mehrheit lebt alleine unter sich irgendwo am Rand Sarajovo's...

    Die Juden unten fallen gar nicht auf...

  4. #24

    Pre-burial house under renovation

  5. #25

    Holocaust memorial

    The Sarajevo cemetery, located outside the town at Kovacici on Mount Trebevic, is one
    of the most famous Sephardi burial grounds in the world. It was founded in 1630 by
    Rabbi Samuel Baruch who rented the land from the Muslim Waqf. It is the oldest intact
    burial ground of any religious group in Sarajevo and is renowned for its age and beauty.
    Rabbi Baruch’s gravestone is still preserved.
    The cemetery is on a steep hill, which rises even more just beyond it. Clusters of what
    were family houses flank the site, but many of these houses were ruined between 1992
    and 1996 during the siege of Sarajevo. During the Austro-Hungarian era, a railroad was
    constructed through the middle of the cemetery, and today only the upper half remains.
    This is still large, however, covering three and a half hectares with about 3,800 graves.
    The cemetery is surrounded by a massive stone wall surmounted in places by a metal
    fence. There are five gates made of hammered iron from the village of Kreshevo. The
    wall and gates were erected between 1926 and 1930 when a large pre-burial house and
    chapel was also built near the main (north) entrance, where entry is through a triplearched
    gateway that leads into the modern section.
    A stepped path from the main gate also leads up the hill towards a Holocaust monument.
    To the left of the path is a section of gravestones removed to this site from the destroyed
    Ashkenazi cemetery, closed in 1959. The remains of 900 people were exhumed and
    transferred to this cemetery, and placed under a common monument. There are also
    monuments to Jews who were killed in the First World War and to the victims of the
    Holocaust. One monument commemorates a group of Jews and Serbs who were brought
    to the cemetery and killed together by Nazis in 1941. Among the early twentieth century
    graves there is also believed to be a geniza (a depository for religious writings).

  6. #26


    Zitat Zitat von Hengst Beitrag anzeigen

    Vll. verstehst du es ja mein Grcka kolega

  7. #27
    The oldest stones in the cemetery are in the sections mostly set away from the walls.
    Their rounded shape, large size and horizontal arrangement – with the stone often set into
    the hillside – are unique in Europe. The stones were quarried in a stone-pit near the
    cemetery and carried to the site. Most are almost identical in size and form, giving the
    hillside a patterned look. Only the gravestones of prominent rabbis and scholars were
    larger or more lavish. The older stones are only inscribed in Hebrew. Later stones are
    inscribed both in Hebrew and Ladino (Judeo-Spanish), with epigraphs written in poetic
    form. Most of the monuments erected after 1878 are modeled on the funerary
    monuments of other religions.
    The cemetery was vandalized a number of times before and after 1966, when all the
    city’s religious cemeteries were closed, and the central cemetery was opened with
    sections for every religion. During the siege of Sarajevo in the 1990s, the Jewish
    cemetery was in the front line of fighting and was used as an important artillery position
    by Bosnian Serbs. The damage to the cemetery and nearby buildings was mostly caused
    by returned fire from the city below. The large, elaborate ceremonial hall which had only
    recently been fully restored was shelled and burned in 1994. The Bosnian Serbs
    extensively mined the cemetery before their withdrawal. After the end of hostilities, an
    international effort was undertaken to restore the cemetery. The first phase consisted of
    the de-mining of the cemetery site. This was completed in 1998. The second phase is the
    restoration of the synagogue/pre-burial house, funded in large part by contributions from
    the United States Government, matched by grants from the city and region of Sarajevo.

    Old Sephardic cemetery Sarajevo

  8. #28
    Holocaust memorial wall with names of victims inscribed

    “Luburica Villa,” Ustashe Prison and Execution Place
    Skenderija 18 Str., 71000 Sarajevo
    There is a marble commemorative plaque on the wall of the building at 18 Skenderija Str.
    in downtown Sarajevo, where during the Second World War the Ustashe Prison and
    Execution Place, known as “Luburica Villa,” were situated. The building, originally
    named Villa Wilkert, was seized by Ustashe (Croatian Nazis) between 1941 and 1945
    and used as a prison and place of execution. The building earned its name and reputation
    between autumn 1944 and spring 1945 when Vjekoslav “Max” Luburic, one of the most
    infamous war criminals and a commander of the “Jasenovac” Concentration Camp, was
    posted there and hundreds of Serbs, Jews and Communists were tortured and killed in the
    building’s basement. Luburic killed many of the victims personally. Immediately
    following the liberation of Sarajevo, the new authorities exhumed dozens of corpses from
    the garden of the Villa, and these facts were documented in the document: ZKBiHOdluka
    8119 from June 9th, 1945.
    The building was torn down and a kindergarten was built on the site. Until 1992, annual
    commemorations and the placement of wreaths marked the events associated with the
    People’s Liberation War fought during World War II (1941-45). Following the end of
    the Bosnian war in 1995, only a few commemorative ceremonies have been organized

  9. #29
    Banja Luka
    Approximately 50 Jews live in Banja Luka.
    Cemetery and Holocaust Memorial
    The Jewish cemetery was established in 1883. In 1977 graves were excavated and
    human remains exhumed, and together with the gravestones of still-extant families, were
    transferred and reburied in the municipal cemetery. The remains of those without living
    relatives were reburied in a common grave with a single monument listing all the names.
    There are 25-50 tombstones in this new Jewish section of the well-maintained municipal
    cemetery. The inscriptions on the gravestones are in Hebrew, German and Serbian.
    There is also a Holocaust memorial at the cemetery.

  10. #30
    28, Isaka Samokovlije Str., “Islamovac”

    The cemetery, owned by the municipality, is located at the center of Bihač, a city 200 km
    from Sarajevo. It was established in 1875 and the last known burial was in 1940. The
    large cemetery occupies an area of 16 hectares and is surrounded by a broken masonry
    wall and a broken fence.
    The solid brick wall, visible on the archival picture from 1940, exists now only in
    fragments since being destroyed by Ustashis in 1942. There is a gate that locks. The
    boundaries have been reduced slightly due to the encroachment of a housing
    development. Fewer than 100 gravestones are visible, and many of them have been
    disturbed from their original positions. The cemetery has been neglected over the years
    and it is heavily overgrown and in recent years it has been used as a waste dump.
    According to researcher Ivan Ceresnjes “only the wild vegetation and danger of snakes
    are now protecting the cemetery from final destruction by uncontrolled builders.”
    Cara Urosa Str.

    The Jewish cemetery was founded between 1860 and 1878. It is about 0.05 hectares in
    size and it contains about 75 tombstones, most of which are from the 20th century. The
    inscriptions are in German and Serbo-Croatian. There is a partial fence surrounding the
    area but nothing to prevent access. The last known Jewish burial was in 1940.
    The cemetery is less than half of it size prior to the Second World War. Since there were
    no Jews in Bijeljina after the early 1950s, no one maintained the cemetery and parts of it
    were used for incompatible development. Gravestones have been vandalized and many
    stones have probably been stolen from the completely open site. Very few inscriptions
    survive, and almost all are damaged.
    Bosanski Brod
    Sanac Cemetery
    Today nothing remains of the cemetery in this town located 100 kilometers from
    Sarajevo. Established in 1880, the cemetery was destroyed by the Ustashe, and is now
    used as a garbage dump. The Ustashe killed almost all Jews of Brod, and also destroyed
    the prayer house. Only a few Jewish survivors returned after the Second World War.
    They used the Jewish cemetery over the river Sava, in the Croatian city of Slavonski
    Brod. At the new municipal cemetery in Brod one section is reserved for Jews, but since
    there are none in the city, it remains empty.
    Bosanski Šamac
    Pisavina Cemetery
    The cemetery was established in 1906 and was in use until 1941 when Ustashe killed
    most of the Jews from Brod, destroyed the prayer house and damaged the cemetery.
    After the Second World War no Jews returned to Šamac, and in 1948, during the
    construction of the main railroad-line between Šamac and Sarajevo the cemetery was
    destroyed and a crossing was built over it. Still, the foundations of tombstones are still
    recognizable under the layer of garbage. The site is now used as a dump.

Seite 3 von 29 ErsteErste 123456713 ... LetzteLetzte

Ähnliche Themen

  1. Antworten: 67
    Letzter Beitrag: 01.11.2011, 18:14
  2. Jüdische Musikgruppe aus טערקיי
    Von Kelebek im Forum Musik
    Antworten: 15
    Letzter Beitrag: 13.03.2011, 23:44
  3. Antworten: 123
    Letzter Beitrag: 08.09.2010, 19:57
  4. Antworten: 108
    Letzter Beitrag: 07.09.2010, 18:22