BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Erweiterte Suche
Kontakt
BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen
Benutzerliste

Willkommen bei BalkanForum - das Forum für alle Balkanesen.
Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 11 bis 16 von 16

Stanisic bio glavni covek CIA u Beogradu ?

Erstellt von Dinarski-Vuk, 01.03.2009, 19:59 Uhr · 15 Antworten · 924 Aufrufe

Smith began meeting with Stanisic regularly, including once on a boat on the Sava. In typically dramatic fashion, Stanisic arrived late at the docks.

"He emerged out of the darkness with bodyguards" and spent much of the evening talking about his boss, Smith said. "He intensely disliked Milosevic. He went off on how awful Milosevic was -- dishonest and crooked."

Asked whether Stanisic was capable of committing war crimes, Smith replied, "I think he would do as little bad as he could."

At the time, CIA Director John M. Deutch was trying to clean up the agency's image by cracking down on contacts with human rights violators. Years later, the "Deutch rules" were cited as a reason the agency hadn't done better penetrating groups such as Al Qaeda.

But Deutch had no problems with Stanisic. He invited the Serbian to CIA headquarters in 1996, and an itinerary of the visit indicates that Stanisic got a warm welcome.

The Serbian spy chief was taken to hear jazz at the Blues Alley club in Georgetown, Va., and driven to Maryland's eastern shore for a bird hunt. Deutch even presented Stanisic with a 1937 Parker shotgun, a classic weapon admired by collectors.

Deutch, now a professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, declined to comment.

Stanisic's expanding ties to the CIA became a source of friction with Milosevic, who worried that his top spy was plotting against him. In 1998, Stanisic was fired.

The ensuing years were chaotic. After a new campaign of violence against Kosovo, Milosevic was forced from office in 2000, arrested the next year and taken to The Hague, where he went on trial for war crimes and died of a heart attack in 2006. A series of political assassinations occurred amid suspicion that Stanisic was somehow still pulling the strings.

When Serbian Prime Minister Zoran Djindjic -- who had sent Milosevic to The Hague -- was assassinated in 2003, Stanisic was arrested and detained for three months. Then, without explanation, he too was sent to The Hague.

For the last five years, Stanisic has gone back and forth between Belgrade and the detention center in the Netherlands. His trial was postponed last year to allow him to return to Belgrade for treatment of an acute intestinal disorder that according to court records had caused substantial blood loss. If Stanisic's health stabilizes, his trial is expected to resume this year.

Stanisic is still seen in Belgrade from time to time, occasionally greeted by well-wishers. But much of his life has crumbled. He is divorced from his wife, estranged from his children and spends alternating weeks in the hospital.

"The last time I saw him, he was connected to tubes," said Dragicevic, Stanisic's longtime deputy.

Sometimes Stanisic is in good spirits and talks of prevailing in his case. But most of the time, Dragicevic said, "he looks like a person who has already surrendered."

"The person who was in charge of so many things, the person who was so very important and well-known, is now a very lonely one."

Zitat Zitat von Dinarski-Vuk Beitrag anzeigen

PS: Treba nadodati, da je u isto vrijeme njihov covjek bio takodjer u generalstabu VJ (nadam se da vecina srpskih forumasa zna, o kome je rijec).

?

Zitat Zitat von meko Beitrag anzeigen
    ob der weiss wo maldic ist????

der macht Urlaub in Montenegro mit seiner ganzen Truppe und dabei sehr geizig unterwegs.

Mladic Liked Beach Holidays, Was Stingy

@Jastreb

Tacno, o njemu pricam. Uvjerio sam se u nekoliko stvari iz 91', o kakvom "generalu" se u stvari radi, dal' to bilo o artilerijskom skolskom centru u Zadru, Maslenici ili cijelokupno dalmatinsko ratiste, a bogami i kasnije i Mostar. Upravo ta komunisticka vojna doktrina dosla nas je glave. I kad slozimo sve kockice, dobijas sve jasniju sliku, ko je nas uopste i vodio, pa i ova prica vezano za Stanisica. A nesto i zacutao Aca Vasiljevic, KOS-ovac bi imao isto dosta toga da kaze, al' nesto se ucutkao?

Die rechte Hand Milosevic's ein CIA Mann... was soll man dazu sagen...

Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12